Thailand, the name itself evokes visuals of azure waters and pristine sands dotted with gently swaying palm trees, lush greenery, and a rich marine ecosystem. Of tranquil monasteries, bustling nightlife, flavourful and aromatic cuisine, and a rich culture steeped in centuries of history and mythology. You visit Thailand to leave aside your worries for a few days and embark on a journey that nourishes your mind, body, and soul.
As an Indian passport holder, you can travel to Thailand for tourism, business, professional, or educational purposes depending on the eligibility criteria. You can either apply for a Thailand Visa before your travel date or avail of the Visa on Arrival facility. The Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate, a branch of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), oversees and controls entry into the Kingdom of Thailand.
To know how to apply online for a Thailand visa for Indians, please read below:
Applying Online for a Thailand Visa
You can apply online for a visa to Thailand for Indian citizens via the VFS Global website. While filling out the online Thailand visa for Indian citizens visa application form, you need to input basic details about yourself along with your passport details.
Offline Thailand visa
Indians can also apply for a Visa on Arrival (VOA). This visa is granted for a maximum of 15 days, and you need to mandatorily pay an application fee of 1,000 Baht (approx. ₹2400). To be eligible for a VOA, you will need to show the following documents:
- A bonafide passport with a validity of a minimum of six months and blank pages for stamping the visa
- Your latest photograph is attached to the VOA application form
- Confirmed return tickets within 15 days from the date of entry into Thailand
- Proof of stay/accommodation/hotel
- Proof of sufficient funds (10,000 Baht per individual and 20,000 Baht per family, i.e., ₹25,000 and ₹50,000, respectively)
Types of Visas Issued by Thailand
The following visas are issued by the Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General:
● Tourist Visa– This is for individuals wishing to travel as a tourist. You are issued a visa valid for three or six months under the single and multiple entry schemes.
● Work Permit– You can avail of the ‘B’ category non-immigrant visa should you wish to work professionally or run a business in the country. For this, you must have a job offer from an employer based in Thailand.
● Education Visa– If you are visiting the country to study or attend training workshops, you need to furnish a letter of acceptance from the said educational institute and other relevant documents.
- Marriage Visa– If the purpose of your travel is to marry a Thai citizen and stay in the country, you must complete the application process and deposit a non-refundable visa fee.
- Dependent Visa–This visa is applicable in case your family is based in Thailand, and you are joining them as a dependent.
Documents Required for Thailand Visa
To be eligible for a Thailand visa, you must follow the application process, which includes a non-refundable visa processing fee to be paid during the application submission stage. Kindly ensure that all the details furnished are correct, as any discrepancy can lead to the visa being disapproved. The following requirements are typical for the majority of visa application types. However, the application form, eligibility conditions, and requirements may vary depending on the visa category:
- Application form–You must complete the application form by the requirements and specifications mentioned by the Thailand government.
- Photograph–You must include a passport-sized (4×6 centimetre) photo along with the application.
- Original passport – Your original passport required, with at least two blank pages and a minimum validity of six months from the date of travel, is required for visa stamping during entry and exit.
- Proof of sufficient finances – Applications for particular visa classes must be accompanied by proof of adequate income. The evidence will show whether the applicant has the financial resources to cover the cost of the complete trip.
- Proof of stay–You need to furnish hotel bookings or the address of accommodation during your stay in the country.
- Bank statement: It is best to keep the most recent six-month bank statement handy as you might be asked to submit it along with the application form.
- Tickets–You need to provide a copy of the confirmed return ticket with the application
- Other documents – Depending on the visa category you have applied for, you may need to provide documents such as letters, approvals, references, etc.
Stay Worry-free With An International Travel Insurance
Sometimes the best of plans can be waylaid due to unforeseen situations. It is prudent to select travel insurance for Thailand to insulate yourself against such emergencies and have a hassle-free vacation. Looking for a policy covering medical and non-medical situations will help you manage any challenges that may arise during your trip. Also, look for an insurer with the highest settlement ratio for the claim travel insurance plan.
Thailand is a traveller’s paradise, a country that opens itself to you with every visit. From local and fusion gourmet to art and culture, adventurous water sports to historical delights, soul, mysticism to rich flora and fauna, you cannot help but exclaim Amazing Thailand!